Hair Loss Treatment
Your hair is one of your most beloved and treasured assets. Therefore, when it starts to thin or disappear, the damage rarely stops at the loss of hair. If your self-confidence is waning because you’re losing your hair, you do have options. At Aesthetic & Dermatology Center, we have multiple hair loss treatments for both men and women.
Here, we understand how important it is for you to look good and feel good. Your board-certified dermatologist will work closely with you to determine the type of hair loss that you have and develop a personalized treatment plan geared toward meeting your cosmetic and overall wellness goals.
Types of Hair Loss:
There are numerous types of hair loss, and after your board-certified dermatologist determines what type of hair loss you have, you will receive an individualized treatment plan tailored to the specific type of hair loss you are experiencing.
Often, hair loss is genetic; however, environmental factors can play a major role.
- Androgenetic Alopecia: This is the most common type of hair loss. It only affects the hair on your head and is genetic, as the name suggests. Both men and women can experience androgenetic alopecia, but it is more common for men.
- Stress Induced (telogen effluvium): Stress changes our bodies, which means that it can also induce hair loss. Stressful events that can trigger hair loss are childbirth, grief, sudden weight change, or illness.
- Spot Baldness (alopecia areata): Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disorder that causes people to lose hair in specific spots. Rarely will a patient lose all of their hair from alopecia areata.
- Aging Alopecia: As we age, our hair thickness and volume changes as the growth cycle decreases. As a result, hair appears thinner.
- Traction Alopecia: As your hair is pulled in one direction for long periods of time, your hairline may begin to recede. Generally, this can be seen in people who frequently wear ponytails, helmets, or head gear that puts prolonged stress on the hair.
- Fungal Infections: Sometimes, infections can cause itchy, scaly scalps that can lead to hair loss.
The type of treatment that you will receive will be indicated after your board-certified dermatologist at Aesthetic & Dermatology Center determines the type of hair loss that you are experiencing. We offer treatments such as medications, topical treatments, the KeraLase laser treatment and PRP. After a consultation with your board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Green will develop a personalized treatment plan that is designed to help you reach your cosmetic goals.
At Aesthetic & Dermatology Center, we stand behind everything that we do, and that’s why we offer both our male and female patients platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy for hair loss. PRP is concentrated blood plasma containing up to 5 times more platelets found in circulating blood. Because PRP contains growth factors and bioactive proteins known to stimulate the body’s natural growth factors, PRP treatment has been successfully utilized in other medical specialties, such as orthopaedics and plastic surgery. PRP is also thought to aid in hair growth in patients who are experiencing male and female pattern hair loss.
We also offer KeraLase™, which is a non-surgical and ultimately painless treatment that is perfect for patients in desperate need of hair rejuvenation. The KeraLase™ treatment stimulates new hair growth with the combined work of the Ultra Laser and the KeraFactor. The treatment begins by preparing the scalp for the KeraFactor with the help of LaseMD™. This device creates tiny micro-channels in the scalp that will better help absorb the product and nutrients needed to encourage new hair growth.
Once the micro-channels are formed using the LaseMD™ device, Dr. Walia will then move onto part two of the treatment, which is the application of the KeraFactor Peptide Complex. This serum is applied directly to the freshly formed micro-channels, which makes for deeper and more efficient penetration of the growth factors into the scalp.
If you haven’t responded to conventional hair loss treatments or want to know more about what will work for you, call our office today at (301) 610-0663 or schedule your consultation online with Aesthetic & Dermatology Center!